Welcome

There is strength and safety in numbers, so I want to be able to tap into our collective spirit of strength, knowledge, humor, love, kindness, etc. to build a online community or emotional safe house for any and all who may need it.

So I am unsure where this may lead, but with women in charge I know we will be alright.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dating advice

I am almost 56 and I have a teenage son. I am divorced and have been trying to meet someone for more than four years. I have dated, wealthy men, not so wealthy, creeps mostly. Well, my question is now I met a man that I like and he likes me, but he doesn't have a steady job. He is NOT lazy, the economy has lessened his work load, so we don't go out much at all. I like going out on a Sat. night, but if we don't we stay in and watch tv, now at this age, is it better to have someone your are compatible with and spend time together, or someone that has a better income so I could enjoy myself. As trite as this may sound, I am in the house all day, all week and I do like getting out once in a while.

Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Sister F

1 comment:

  1. If you are enjoying his company, isn't that the most important thing? I'm not sure where you live, but find things that are inexpensive or free. Go to the park, have a candlelight picnic (even if it is PB&J).

    If you want to go out and he can't afford to go, make it a girls' night out. You can also pay. If your significant other doesn't feel right about you paying, you could always go buy a gift certificate and say "I have this gift certificate and I'd like to go ____ and use it". It could be movies, restaurant, etc.

    Don't dwell on what HE doesn't have right now. Focus on what you both can have if you are together. And hopefully, the economy will pick up soon and his work load will do so as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping another sister work it out.