Welcome

There is strength and safety in numbers, so I want to be able to tap into our collective spirit of strength, knowledge, humor, love, kindness, etc. to build a online community or emotional safe house for any and all who may need it.

So I am unsure where this may lead, but with women in charge I know we will be alright.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How do I get past this...?


So about a week ago my husband decided to quit his job. He did not discuss it with me when I came home is when I found out. Well this left me having to foot all the bills plus take care of our child. He said he could not take the way he was being treated.

Well I work at a all male prison I get called out of my name almost every day. I get sexual slurs thrown at me everyday I don't like it but I don't up and quit my job because I have a family. I just feel like he put us in a situation we did not need to be in and o don't know how to get past it. He believes that I am over it but I am not.

I love my husband but I have a lot of anger I can't deal with.

What do I do....?

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Your feelings are completely normal. Perhaps this is a time to teach your dear husband a lesson. The only way that he can learn that his actions has caused a lot of consequences and pressure on you and your family, is that you express them to him. From what I gather here, he thinks that you're over it. There was really no huge deal made over him quitting. I'm sure that if he thought the way you do/did, he wouldn't have quit his job. Try having a serious, responsible adult conversation with him. I am sure that the issue will now lay deeper than him not knowing your true feelings, but more so, the fact that he's unemployed. Try to support him in getting back on track with job hunting, getting an interview so that it doesn't put your family too far behind. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping another sister work it out.