Welcome

There is strength and safety in numbers, so I want to be able to tap into our collective spirit of strength, knowledge, humor, love, kindness, etc. to build a online community or emotional safe house for any and all who may need it.

So I am unsure where this may lead, but with women in charge I know we will be alright.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Equals...


So I've been dating a guy now for over a year. He says that he wants us to be equal in our relationship, financially (basically he expects me to work which is fine with me.) However it has come to my attention more recently that he believes someone would be the "decision maker" of the family or the "lead" and it would be him. So to say if we had a disagreement about something that he would have the final say so. I guess my question is, what is an equal relationship. I can't discuss some of this without arguing with him. He told me to ask "anybody" that there is always a "natural leader" in any relationship. I believe that if we are equal partners we are just that equal and that we should work together in all aspects of our relationship and family.

What is your opinion? I am trying to settle myself down about this, I am a fairly independent person I've been a single mom for over three years I can't see myself being a submissive person by any means.

Just a funny sidenote: when I asked him why I would have to contribute equally financially he said its because it's not the 50's anymore. Then when I asked why I wouldn't have an equal say so in every aspect of our relationship he said its because he is traditional? Well Which is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for helping another sister work it out.